- This model is designed to provide complete protection from voltage surges and drops. Designed to avoid damage or harm caused by voltage surges, voltage drops, lightning, power back surges, spike protection and other voltage related problems.
- Also called AR 5000 D
- Voltage surges damage all electrical or electronic items like: TVs, VCRs, DVD Players, Computers, Printers, etc..
- Voltage drops damage all motor driven appliances like: Refrigerators, Freezers, Air-Conditioners, Pumps, etc..
- This model will protect your appliance from both situations while converting the voltage.
- 4000 Watt Maximum Capacity
- Heavy-Duty continuous use transformer
- Precise power source indicator
- Analog meter on front of unit measures input voltage (shows you the exact input voltage)
- Integrated automatic protection circuit
- Unit shuts off automatically when input voltage is out of range
- Unit resets automatically when input voltage is back in safe voltage range
- Converts 110/120 Volt up to 220/240 Volt OR Converts 220/240 Volt down to 110/120 Volt
- On/Off switch with indicator lamp
- 4 outlets on rear of unit. 2 are 220 volt and 2 are 110 volt. (outlets accept 3 or 2 prong US plugs and 2 prong Euro/Asian plugs)
- Insulated power cord is hard wired with a European shucko plug also good for Asian outlets
- Comes with 2 prong USA plug to enable non-grounded use in the USA, Canada and Mexico
- Easy to carry with attached handle
- Heavy-Duty Metal Casing and durable design
- Built-in circuit breaker for manual restart. No need to replace fuses.
- Dimensions and Weight: 6" X 12" X 12" (H X W X D), 35 lbs
- Warranty: 30 Days Exchange and 1 Year Parts and Labor
The manufacture recommends you purchase a transformer that is 25% higher then the wattage you need.
You should know that you will never damage your appliance with a higher wattage transformer, however if you buy one that is not powerful enough, it will not work.
Use Amps to calculate watts
Volts (times) Amps = Watts,
For Example 110V x 5A = 550W
Remember to leave at least a 100% slack for the transformer. Using them to maximum capacity will eventually burn the transformer out after prolonged use. Some items, such as, laser printers and power tools spike when you turn them on. For these types of situations you need to buy a transformer that is at least 3 times the items capacity.